Monday, October 15, 2007

Favorite Breakfast recipe!


HPIM4763.JPG
Originally uploaded by Ngabriel
After much trial (and gnashing or teeth!), I have finally completed my menu plan! And in celebration, I am exploiting my absolute favorite breakfast recipe ~ Dutch Puff! Have you heard of it, you probably have. I came to know it through a blog that I visit often, and it has become a lethal weapon in my menu planning arsenal (especially with baby around!). I love it because I can quickly throw (literally) together 3 quick ingredients, and beat up and store in the fridge overnight. Then in the morning, pre-heat the oven, pour and oven bake for a few minutes! It cannot get any easier. We have it with pure maple syrup, molasses, bananas or fruit spread or preserves! mmmm! If you haven't heard of it, here is the recipe, courtesy of Kim @ Large Family Logistics:

Dutch Puff

2 cups freshly ground pastry flour or what ever you have on hand
2 cups buttermilk, milk, or cream
8 eggs
1 stick of butter

Put all ingredients except butter in your blender. Blend until smooth. Let sit overnight. In the morning put one stick of butter in a 9x13 pan and place in oven while it is preheating to 425. Blend ingredients again and add to baking dish. Cook for 20 minutes. It will puff up real big and then deflate once it has set out a few minutes. Top with Blueberry Sauce or maple syrup.
Wheat free version: use 1 cup rice flour and 1 cup tapioca flour


Enjoy!

n

No comments: